From sunny days and hot nights on the patio to blustery days and crisp, cool nights, the transition from summer to fall is one of our favourite for your home. Fabrics get cozier, colours become deeper. So follow us into fall with these design suggestions:
1) Colours will be sunny and bright for summer – limes, pinks, bright blues – but transition to more neutral, earth tones like slate grey, coppers, and burnt sienna for autumn. Choose these colours for your pillows, or curtains and other accessories.
2) Create layers of colours, textures and warmth – as the temperatures drop, give your space layers of warm fabrics to cozy up in.
3) Need a simpler, more affordable way to warm up the room? Try some pumpkin, cinnamon or warm coffee scented candles to usher in fall.
4) Have white or light beige furniture? Easily bring fall into your space with dark brown, camel, or burgundy throw blankets and pillows.
5) Have hardwood floors that feel cooler in cooler weather? Bring in some faux fur or thick carpets to warm up the room.